Compensation Equity: When Equal Isn’t Equitable
Wednesday 3:10 – 4:10pm
We know what the research tells us: men earn more than women, and the pay gap is even greater for people of color. So what do we do about it? As an HR professional, what is your responsibility for creating equitable pay practices within your organization? This program will address employment-related aspects that affect pay, considerations for conducting a pay equity audit, and strategies to influence equitable pay practices.
- Examine data related to compensation inequity
- Identify employment-related aspects that affect pay
- Review considerations for conducting a pay equity analysis and how to fix issues when you find them
- Review strategies to influence equitable pay practices
- Examine HR’s role in managing compensation equity
Carrie Cox, PHR, SHRM-CP
Carrie Cox is a senior consultant with AGH and assists employers with their HR and organizational development needs, providing services including business coaching, human resource audits and compliance assistance, compensation studies, policy and procedure review and development, team building, training and employee development, implementing and transitioning the human resource function, and assisting with hiring and retention strategies. Carrie is a Wichita native, graduate of the University of Kansas, and a member of SHRM, currently serving as the Wichita Chapter’s VP of Communications. Her certifications include PHR from HRCI and SHRM-CP designated by the SHRM.